The ZIP TELECOM (ZIPTEL) platform was developed and launched in 2003 by an Ontario based engineering firm called BlueWire Computer Services. ZIPTEL was launched and established as an independent IP Voice Managed Services Provider that now hosts some of Canada’s largest private and public organizations over its expansive national network.
Starting out servicing the SMB market, ZIPTEL‘s platform was quickly identified as an innovative advancement within the emerging Unified Communications & Collaboration market. An awareness that would propel ZIPTEL as an underlying platform and defining benchmark for the carrier services market here in Canada. A growth that facilitated an immediate need to build, deploy, and operate one of Canada’s largest Cloud based HP Helion infrastructures from Vancouver to Newfoundland.
Built for reach and ongoing stability
- Run from multiple high-availability geographically diverse data centres across Canada.
- Interconnected by a private meshed MPLS backbone network for greater bandwidth optimization, security, and quality of service.
- Based on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) – the de facto standard for IP-based voice communications.
- Interoperability with a wide range of PBXs, desktop handsets, softphones, and applications.
- Support for custom application development leveraging the API to our platform.
- Heuristic and comprehensive threat protection, strict policy enforcement, strong access control, and privacy protection.
Deploying IP phone solutions since 2003
- ZIPTEL is an enhanced IP voice solution services provider with an unprecedented reach that spans 93% of the Canadian population.
- Regardless of size or level of complexity, ZIPTEL has successfully been deploying voice solutions since 2003, while building and growing a national network platform and support structure that currently hosts some of Canada’s largest private and public sector organizations.
- ZIPTEL is a dynamic organization with IT and network professionals who strive to create predictable and positive client experiences.
Advanced engineering for the future
- A disciplined team of tier-3 professional engineers trained and experienced in information technology, voice/data evolution, and infrastructure optimization.
- Extensive lab environments with diagnostic and development tools allowing for comprehensive re-creation and diagnostics for complex testing and resolution.
- A development team focused on continuous vendor evaluation and interoperability with an emphasis on integration into client’s existing environments.